|GMC sporting a PFC inspired bow tie|
Happy Friday! We had a great visit w/ my Dad last weekend. The weather was AMAZING. Peter even got in some tennis w/ my Dad. There was lots of football watching on Saturday. The oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I made were indeed very good - so good that I had to give away half the batch (or I would have eaten them ALL).
C + M started swimming this week and they seem to be in full swing w/ school. Even Georgie is enjoying his little Mom/Tot class that we go to twice a week. Last PM I went and saw Tavi Gevinson speak in Oak Park. She is fashion blogger that rose to fame at 13 (yes, 13!). I've been following her for a few years and was curious to see her in person (note that she is only 16). She was just on Jimmy Fallon the other night. Honestly, she is the cutest and most poised 16 year old I have seen. I expect great things from her. Stay tuned.
Some of my latest faves:
- Parenthood is going to pull at our heart strings this season. For sure. Some fashion from the show!
- Love the pic of Georgie above. He has rocked his bow tie quite a bit. And he recently got a super great haircut at our friend's place = Lemonmade. The place is adorable.
- What a cute gift bag stamp. Love it. And how cute is this acorn stamp?! Adorable.
- We have a similar throw like this on our couch. Love it.
- Pretty heart sweater from Crewcuts. Very cute.
- Snow & Graham has a new pattern = Meadow.
- Fun back to school party.
- A simple french cake - looks so YUMMY!
- Check out this simple gold and black porcelain ring. Pretty.
- A little candy corn hat for your little one. Bring on fall!
- I was just recommending the restaurant avec to a friend of mine and I started dreaming about their chorizo-stuffed, bacon wrapped dates. They are AMAZING. So good. I honestly dream about them. Whenever I mention avec someone always mentions the dates. They go hand in hand. SO AMAZING. Dreaming...
- Time to bring out the fall decorations. How about a vintage paper leaf wreath?!
- I'm all about investment pieces. I'm willing to pay more when you get a lot for your money = good cost per wear. Ones I would like to add to my wardrobe = schoolboy blazer in navy and some frye boots (maybe these paige tall riding boots or the melissa button boot).
- The gals are leaving Saturday w/ PFC for an Indian Princess camp out. I think I might make this Black Bean Quinoa Salad to have on hand for the weekend.
- GMC seems to LOVE guitars. When he sees one on TV he starts jumping up and down and he has been playing w/ PFC's guitar. PFC found this guitar and I've made a note for Christmas. Sounds like someone might be taking after his Daddy!
- Indian Summer tabletop inspiration - love these colors!
- Ummm, chocolate hazelnut banana bread - can we say YUMMY!