|Georgie's latest faves = his backpack and straw fedora|
Happy Friday! It has been such a GORGEOUS week - beautiful blue skies and perfect temps (low 70s but cool in the AM). Love FALL! The flip flops have officially been put away but that is okay.We are hoping to go apple picking this weekend but due to the drought the pickings are slim. We shall see!
Last night we hosted a little painting class/gathering. It was SO much fun! It made me miss creating art and being creative. Very therapeutic. So, Saturday night we have a toga party. Kind of hilarious, right?! I need to practice putting on a toga (haven't done so since my college days).
Hope everyone has a great weekend. The weather looks FAB.
Some of my latest faves:
- I took advantage of J.Crew's 25% off + free shipping (thru Sunday) and bought the schoolboy navy blazer I have been eyeing. Excited to get it in the mail!
- Pretty table linens. And that cayenne color is PERFECT for fall. Speaking of table linens I'm thinking of our menu for an upcoming dinner party next weekend. We are hosting some of PFC's college buddies. We already bought the meat (XX) and I'm thinking of the following sides/items to go w/ the main entree: mashed potatoes (from my fave = Pioneer Woman), roasted brussels sprouts and pistachio beets (similar to the ones from the Purple Pig = LOVE LOVE LOVE). And I'm debating on what to do for dessert = apple pie (using the apples from our apple picking excursion) or Almond Florentine and Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream sandwiches (w/ my fave = Graeter's ice cream). Thoughts? I'm leaning towards the apple pie but OMG those ice cream sandwiches are heavenly. Honestly.
- Scarves 25 ways = awesome. I learned some new ones I want to try!
- I've always been a fan of gold (vs silver). I'm more into warm tones. Some gold inspiration. My favorite pair of flats are gold.
- Totally digging this hair tutorial. Speaking of hair I need to get a new braidband. Aubrey's braidbands were featured in Daily Candy. How fun!
- Ever feel a bit overwhelmed? Loved this post from A Cup of Jo.
- I watched Alex Guarnaschelli make these Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla Dipping Sauce on the Food Network the other day. OMG - they look AMAZING.
- So fun = Kate Spade partnered up w/ Paperless Post. Cannot wait to use one of their invitations. LOVE.
- Another great Etsy store = Burlap Art. A friend of mine sent me her shop. Love her stuff.
- I'm a Mom - interesting article. And yes, I get it.
- My sister and I have been chatting about her little guy Graham's first birthday party. I'm digging these owl cupcakes for the party.
- Another great episode of Parenthood this week. Some Parenthood fashion. Curious what is going to happen between Heather Graham and Ray Romano - looks like it could get interesting!