Friday, January 11, 2013

My Latest Obsessions

The Carr version of the Partridge Family
PFC + GMC serenading me the morning of my Birthday

My 35th Birthday Dinner at La Sirena Clandestina

CMC + MMC at American Girl Doll Cafe (loving life)

Happy Friday! I had an awesome birthday on Tuesday. It started with PFC + GMC playing their guitars and the girls singing Happy Birthday. The pic above of GMC + PFC is priceless. I then met PFC downtown and we saw the movie Silver Linings Playbook and had dinner at La Sirena Clandestina. LOVED our dinner. Their menu is awesome. We had the empanadas, shaved brussels sprouts, hangar steak, whole red snapper and some amazing desserts. We'll definitely be back. We then walked across the street to The Aviary. I had a fruit swizzle and I can honestly say that it was the best fruit juice I've ever had. Like EVER.

A good friend of mine called me for my birthday and mentioned how much has changed for me in just 5 years (since my 30th birthday). And that is indeed true. Our group of college friends all went to Cabo San Lucas to celebrate our 30th birthdays. Not long after that trip I met PFC and the rest is history. And now I'm in the burbs and a stay at home with our soon to be 9 and 7 year old daughters (both have January birthdays) and 2 year old son. Crazy how things change. It is nice sometimes to take a moment and reflect on your last year or 5 years for that matter. Here's to another 5 years (and many more)!

I'm meeting PFC downtown tonight and we are going to see the movie Argo. I'm very excited to see it especially after seeing all the Oscar nominations it is up for. Tomorrow the gals have their ice skating lessons in the morning and some of us will be heading downtown to a dear high school friend's son's 2nd birthday in the afternoon. And then PFC and I are off to another party that evening.

And Sunday I cannot wait to get cozy and watch the Golden Globes! I think Tina Fey and Amy Poehler will be amazing hosts!

ENJOY! And have an awesome weekend.
XO - D2

Some of my latest faves:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails