Friday, January 18, 2013

My Latest Obsessions


Happy Birthday, Catherine! Our Cate turns 9 on Sunday! 

Happy Friday! I'm thrilled it is Friday. I've already had a marathon day of errands and running around and I was even able to volunteer at C + M's school during Fun Lunch. It is always fun to see them in their school environment (as I know there will come a day when they don't want me to be there!).

Tonight we are relaxing. I still need to finish up Steve Jobs' biography for book club next week and I REALLY want to start Season 1 of Homeland. I want to see what all the talk is about! Tomorrow the gals are off to their ice skating lessons in the morning and then they are heading downtown (along w/ GMC) for their cousin's birthday party. They are super excited because they get to wear their costumes. PFC will be w/ the kiddos while I stay home to get the house ready as we are having some folks over for a casual dinner. I'm making Cincinnati Style Turkey Chili and some Honey Cornbread Muffins - a perfect cozy meal for this COLD weather. And I'm making Oreo Cookie Balls for a sweet treat.

I cannot believe that CMC is turning 9 on Sunday. Wow. PFC and I were just looking through some old pictures. She has grown up so much since I met her (when she was 4). We are heading to their swim meet on Sunday and then having a family dinner at home that evening. CMC gave me specifics on the cake she wants and I'm waiting to hear what she would like for her birthday dinner.

Have a FABULOUS weekend.
XO - D2

Some of my latest faves:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the best tables in Chicago link! I just got a reservation at the Boarding House for my birthday dinner in March. I requested table 40, but we'll see if they give it to me. Fingers crossed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails