|Happy Birthday, Catherine! Our Cate turns 9 on Sunday!|
Happy Friday! I'm thrilled it is Friday. I've already had a marathon day of errands and running around and I was even able to volunteer at C + M's school during Fun Lunch. It is always fun to see them in their school environment (as I know there will come a day when they don't want me to be there!).
Tonight we are relaxing. I still need to finish up Steve Jobs' biography for book club next week and I REALLY want to start Season 1 of Homeland. I want to see what all the talk is about! Tomorrow the gals are off to their ice skating lessons in the morning and then they are heading downtown (along w/ GMC) for their cousin's birthday party. They are super excited because they get to wear their costumes. PFC will be w/ the kiddos while I stay home to get the house ready as we are having some folks over for a casual dinner. I'm making Cincinnati Style Turkey Chili and some Honey Cornbread Muffins - a perfect cozy meal for this COLD weather. And I'm making Oreo Cookie Balls for a sweet treat.
I cannot believe that CMC is turning 9 on Sunday. Wow. PFC and I were just looking through some old pictures. She has grown up so much since I met her (when she was 4). We are heading to their swim meet on Sunday and then having a family dinner at home that evening. CMC gave me specifics on the cake she wants and I'm waiting to hear what she would like for her birthday dinner.
Have a FABULOUS weekend.
XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- It finally feels like winter in Chicago. LOVE these adorable fingerless mittens and matching headband ear warmer.
- I LOVED watching the Golden Globes. One of my favorite dresses was the Alexander McQueen that Kate Hudson wore. She looked fabulous. LOVE her. And Kerry Washington looked amazing too. Here are some Surprisingly Delightful moments from the GGs. And wait, didn't Claire Danes just have a baby? She looks FAB. I heard she totally rocks it on Homeland. Cannot wait to start Season 1.
- Michelle Obama's new do. Love the bangs!
- Here are some rare and intimate photos from the Kennedy family when he was in the White House.
- An embellished sweatshirt - perfect combo.
- I was a psychology major in college so I love all things Myers Briggs related. I took the personality test in Joanna Goddard's Personality Test post. I'm ENFJ which is very spot on! What are you? I want PFC to take it.
- 40 Top Bachelor's according to Town & Country. Quite a range of lads!
- We went to a good friend's surprise Birthday party last Saturday. His wife arranged for The Slide Ride to stop by the party. What an amazing idea! Everyone loved it! I had The Cubano and it was super yummy.
- 46 places to go in 2013. And 29 places that Refinery 29 is dying to see in 2013. All the warm spots are calling my name. A little fantasy = these Yoga Mat Sandals (how cute + comfy looking) and one of the beach locations.
- I love hedgehogs. We even had some hedgehog letterpress coasters made for our out of town guest goody bags for our wedding. How adorable are these Hedgehog Valentine Cards?! Love them.
- I love the new column that Design* Sponge just announced that they will be doing = Modern Etiquette.
- I found a new Etsy shop that I'm in love w/ = Inkkit. So many fun items. For instance, totally LOVING these metallic gold doilies. A couple doily ideas here. So cute. And speaking of doilies check out this DIY Doily Envelopes. These are amazing.
- Some of the best tables at restaurants in Chicago. I would love to snag table #40 at The Boarding House. Love the idea of a perch overlooking the dining room (perfect for people watching). And I'm so curious to check out Alpana Singh's new restaurant. Side note, Alpana's husband book, Vintage Attraction, looks interesting (due next fall).
- Skinnytaste's top 25 recipes. This week I'm trying this Skillet Gnocchi w/ Chard and White Beans. I've been told it is very good! Last week I ended up making Skinnytaste's Fiesta Lime Rice and Cheesy Jalapeno Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken. Both were awesome! They were PFC approved.
- SportsKids of the year. These two brothers are quite inspirational.
- Only one more week left of Parenthood. I wonder who Sarah Braverman will pick (Hank or the teacher). Should be interesting! Here's some Parenthood fashion for you.