|Margaret and Cate's first day of school (Margaret = 2nd grade and Cate = 4th grade)|
After school today we are heading to Kinnikinnick Farm in Caledonia, IL. SUPER excited for a little farm and family action. We had an awesome time last year! And Tuesday night PFC and I are heading to see the Book of Mormon. Totally pumped to see it!
Enjoy the long weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- I just finished a great book, The Chaperone, by Laura Moriarty. I LOVED it. Solid book! I'm now starting The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Excellent reviews. 30 Must Read Books.
- When the temps drop I want to try this Crock Pot Creamy Tomato Soup. Looks awesome!
- This Georgia Tech freshman convocation speech is pretty hilarious!
- The kids had a blast at the various camps they did this summer. How about a camp for adults? This Upper Crust camp looks fun! And what a lovely environment you are in while there. Love it!
- How fun are these pencils? Love them.
- How to mix and layer patterns.
- Love this Legacy Shoulder Bag. Looks like it would last forever. And how fun would it be to have it monogrammed?!
- Interesting article on what parents should say to their kids as they perform.
- I can tell this is going to be a book that I gift during the holidays.
- LOVE these little bronze ballet flats. So cute! And these pointed silver flats are cute too.
- I'm sure this is a beautiful book = Well-Read Women: Portraits of Fictions Most Beloved Heroines.
- 10 best store bought appetizers = awesome to know!
- I'm desperately searching for new recipes to try for the kids. Please send any my way. I think I'm going to try this Easy Ravioli Lasagna soon. On the list!
- Nate Berkus does a fall collection for Target. Some cute items! I like the arrowhead rug and the braided jute rug and the khaki herringbone sheet set.
- My mom adores San Miguel in Mexico. Some spots to check out. Doesn't this restaurant look awesome?!
- LOVE this chelsea boat. Very fun.
- Some gorgeous flower How Tos.
- These almond-crisped peaches look AH-MAZING. YUMMY!
- I think GMC and I need to check out Ugly Mug Cafe one morning for a little breakfast action!
- This tray and coaster set is pretty rad. Love it!
- I'm still craving Graeter's ice cream after our trip to Cincinnati. Fortunately, we can buy it at our local grocery stores. How cute are these porcelain ice cream cones?!
- LOVE this simple dining room table.