|Kinnikinnick Farm - Caledonia, IL|
|PFC starting up the fire for some morning coffee|
|Farmer Dave taking the kids around the farm for morning chores|
We had the BEST time this past weekend at Kinnikinnick Farm in Caledonia, IL. This year we filled all 5 tents with friends. It was a total blast! The kids had the best time running around with one another and the adults had blast too = PERFECT! Even Martha Stewart LOVES it. We already booked all 5 tents again for Labor Day weekend next year! Wahoo!
PFC and I saw Book of Mormon last evening. LOVED it. Absolutely hilarious. So freaking funny. It has been getting rave reviews. Go see it before they leave Chicago.
And tonight I get to see a dear college friend of mine. We are meeting for dinner at the Carriage House.
The dinner menu looks FAB! Yummy.
Some of my latest faves...
- Check out these cute little teepees. Adorable!
- Cute and simple flats. And I'm still digging the Rachel Comey Mars booties. LOVE.
- Cute and CHEAP tunic dress. Perfect for fall.
- I enjoyed reading Andre Agassi's book, Open. I grew up w/ him. He was at his prime when we lived in Cincinnati and watched him at the ATP. 12 things about Andre Agassi.
- 12 things successful women do differently. Interesting article about Ladies Who Power Lunch. Totally makes me want to hit ABC Kitchen for lunch one day in NYC.
- Chicago's best restaurants via Zagat.
- I LOVE naps. Love them. The Perfect Nap: Sleeping is a Mix of Art and Science.
- 22 celebrities when they were young. Check out Martha Stewart - kind of a hottie. And George Clooney at age 15. Hilarious! And Clint Eastwood = so handsome.
- LOVE this ankle length lace dress from H&M. Very cute.
- I may head to the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago on Sunday. A few fun finds from vendors that will be there = robin egg blue enamel necklace, nina leather flap bag, oval dish, triangle necklace, two tone tea towels, origami heart toppers, recycled bottled drinking glasses, latch bracelet (LOVE!), do the dishes tomorrow tea towel (LOVE!), folk art letterpress coasters, small matter necklace (LOVE!), thanks, dude thank you notes, cosmic bangles (very cool!), set of skinny bangles (love love love), and these janelle skinny bangle set (great colors).
- 30 books everyone should read before their 30th birthday. I just read a great book = The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty. LOVED it. Read it in two days. I highly recommend it! I started The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Very good so far.
- This chicken skillet lasagna looks great and very kid friendly!
- 30 easy ideas for every room in your house. I LOVE the bold red door and the robin's egg blue.
- Interesting article on how happiness changes w/ age.
- Fans are not happy w/ the casting for 'Fifty Shades' movie. I agree.
- Another reason to love Target = they introduced a GMO free food line.
- 10 best workout songs to get you motivated.
- Oh, and I have been using this great new app = A Beautiful Mess. I absolutely love it. You'll notice the writing and text in the pics above. I combine that app w/ Instagram. LOVE. And I just recently took all of our summer photos (that I instagramed) and made a Summer of 2013 book via Blurb. Fun!
- Moms, When are you going to Learn = well said.