Happy Friday! It has been an unbelievably HOT week here in Chicago. It is finally cooling down a bit. While I LOVE summer I'm looking forward to fall like temps. I love all the things that come w/ fall = layers, apple picking, extra blankets, boots, etc.
I tapped in to my creative/artistic side this week and painted a fall picture. Loved it. We had Vino Van Gogh come to the tennis club and we set up a ladies night out. It was super fun!
Tonight we are going to chill and catch up on some more Homeland episodes. The countdown is on for Season 3!!! And tomorrow evening we have a party downtown and then Peter and I are heading to Caro Mio for a dinner date. FUN!
Have a FABULOUS weekend!
XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- I was in the mood to bake something the other day. I stumbled upon this SUPER easy and yummy blueberry and peach cobbler from Jenny Steffens. It turned out FAB and was super tasty.
- BHLDN was not around when I was planning our wedding. I love checking out the site from time to time. Beautiful stuff. LOVE this dress.
- This is pretty great = funny someecard.
- Here is the full look book for 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target. Some cute pieces.
- I LOVE calendars. Every year PFC gets me this letterpress one from Linda & Harriett. Here is a great list of the best 2014 calendars.
- I've totally been in to Mumford & Sons lately. Love them. Here is a great little spoof they did.
- I really dig Justin Timberlake. Here's a look at the enduring, multigenerational appeal of JT.
- Looking for a little gift for a friend? Check out these Postcards w/ a Graphic Pop. Very fun.
- Rosalind Wiseman wrote Queen Bees and Wannabees years ago (that inspired the movie Mean Girls). She just recently came out w/ a boy version = Masterminds and Wingmans.
- I had some of these amazing chocolate chip cookies this week. I had to find the recipe. They were divine!
- I LOVE this loft pendant lamp. Very cool.
- I appreciated reading this post on how to read a recipe. Great (and simple) advice.
- Totally love this Pointe Bell skirt. So cute.
- Hooray = Jeni's opened an ice cream shop in Chicago. Awesome!
- How fun would it be to make an You are Special plate?! Love this. And I love the tradition behind it.
- Chefs and their Bucket list restaurants. Kind of fun!
- I like these suede chukka boots for PFC.
- I loved watching both the U.S. Open finals over this past weekend. Awesome! Nadal inspires awe after his victory.
- Cheerfulness. PFC always exudes cheerfulness. All the time. That is what I love about him. Choosing cheerfulness.
- PFC and I try to get in some dinner dates every couple of weeks. We love hanging out at the sushi bar at House of Sushi and then we head to Mancini's for gelato. And last week I had their dark chocolate sorbet. I still dream about it. John Kass loves it too!