|Lunch w/ GMC|
|Hello, Scott Eastman. Nice to meet ya.|
Happy Friday! We are finally getting the hang of our fall/school routine. Finally. We had all 3 open houses this week for the kiddos.
Tonight I'm heading to RPM Italian (Bill and Giuliana Rancic's restaurant) w/ some girlfriends. I'm super excited as this restaurant has been on my list for some time now. Their dinner menu looks awesome and I'm already eyeing Mama Depandi's Bucanti Pomodoro. And then Saturday night we are heading to the tennis club for the big new member show - always a good time! And Sunday I get to see a dear friend of mine from college. We used to live together in DC. Love her. I cannot wait to catch up w/ her.
Some of my latest faves:
- This 3 minute film has been circulating the web. It is pretty great.
- I've often wondered about the difference between salted and unsalted butter. I try to pay attention to recipes that call for one over the other. A little butter 101 for you.
- Check out these adorable upcycled and repurposed clothing and accessories that use Pendleton wool. So cute!
- I was at a friend's house the other morning and remembered my LOVE of Trader Joe's chocolate croissants. LOVE them.
- I was brought back to our honeymoon (part 1 and part 2) when I stumbled upon these two articles: Best of The Old School Carribean; Rosewood Little Dix Bay and #1 US News and World Report resorts - Cap Juluca. Loved them both! I would give anything to go back!!!! Two winters ago we were lucky enough to escape to Anguilla for a long weekend. Love it there!
- PFC and I love watching movies. Here are some movies to watch this fall.
- I have yet to hit up the new Jeni's Ice Cream shop in Chicago yet. Here are some words w/ Jeni.
- A scientific guide to saying no. This is one I must reread again!
- How cool is this 2-person sleeping bag! LOVE it.
- Some fun and cute favor ideas. The repackaged candy favors = easy!
- I adore this sweet little vintage ring. So delicate.
- PFC and I stopped by Mancini's again last Saturday after dinner. I had to have some more of their amazing dark chocolate sorbet. I dream about it. Really I do. Maybe I'll try to make some myself.
- David Beckham looks oh so handsome holding his youngest daughter Harper at Fashion Week.
- GMC is OBSESSED w/ play dough. Everywhere we go he asks if they will have play dough. This week we made some more homemade play dough (lasts longer than the store bought kind!). This recipe is EASY.
- I adore slow cooker recipes. This sweet potato and raisin chicken tagine looks amazing.
- This Hudson Valley home is quite charming. Love it. You can book The Saint James for a weekend!
- Fall weather means darker nail colors. Fun! Nail trends for Fall 2013! My go to color always seems to be Smokin' Hot by Essie. Love it!
- Okay, PFC and I are totally obsessed w/ Homeland. However, who isn't?! We're watching an episode a night (so that we are good to go come Season 3). 10 reasons why we love Homeland! And I kinda dig Damian Lewis too. Funny to think he is British as his american accent is flawless.
- This crack pie looks DIVINE! Yummy! And if you don't want to try and make it why not have it delivered!
- Pretty sweet oval wire bulb cage pendant. Love that it is vintage.
- Nice article remembering Anne Smedinghoff who passed away last spring in Afghanistan.
- Sorry Ryan Goslin, I've got a new crush = Scott Eastwood. Smokin! Love this pic of him. Town & Country's Top Bachelors. My top pics = Adam Scott and Scott Eastwood. And of course, George Clooney. And I'll leave you w/ some more pics of Mr. Eastwood.