Happy Friday! Fall has officially arrived. LOVE IT! Love all the changing leaves on the trees and I LOVE mums! They are so pretty. My mom JuJu and youngest sister Carrie arrived last night. The kiddos and I took a trip to the airport to pick them up. We LOVE having them in town. Last night we stayed up late talking.
Today we are going to check out the new fashion outlets in Rosemont and tonight we are just going to chill. We are excited to check out Junior Master Chef as my cousin's little girl Molly is in it! PFC is off this weekend on a guys fishing trip. And I think we'll head to my sister Stephie and Sean's new pad this weekend.
Oh, and Sunday I'll be excited to hunker down w/ PFC and watch the season premiere of Homeland!!! Wahoo. And I DVRed the season premiere of Parenthood that debuted last pm. Cannot wait to watch that one either!
Have a FABULOUS weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- Trend watch = colonial revival. They featured the windsor chair. My youngest sister Carrie and her partner created what they call the Wrong Chair. Pretty cool. Their work will be at Volume Gallery in Chicago starting November 16th. Very cool! And better yet that means Carrie will be in town again SOON!
- Coffee drinks explained = PERFECT! I've always been a huge latte fan w/ skim milk. That is usually my go to coffee drink when I order one out. However, when I studied abroad in Bath I was turned on to Cafe Au Laits.
- Losing is Good Too = for sure. I'm a huge fan of the "suck it up cupcake" saying. I can hear my mom JuJu now!
- Everyone can use a good chocolate cake recipe. YUMMY!
- Good ole Denido (Denison University) will preserve a landmark = Granville Inn. Great move, Denison.
- This has been my go to birthday gift for friends of MMC = Color a Bag.
- "#Hastag" w/ Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake = #fabulous!
- Every once in awhile I'll bust out a braid in my hair. Here is a pretty fishtail braid.
- This salty sweet trifle looks AH-MAZING.
- I LOVE these salad plates - from Shanna Murray for West Elm. Very cute. And here is her Pie Recipe tea towel. And speaking of West Elm, I LOVE their collaboration w/ Baggu. These Baggu Dipped Totes are super cute. I would love a gold dipped monogrammed one! JuJu would love these Dapper Animal Plates! So fun.
- I put together my Steve Alan wishlist. It was kind of fun to put it together. You should too! If I win I'm getting the following items: Claire Vivier Messenger Tote, Rachel Comey Mars Boots, and these Super Skinny jeans. Fingers crossed.
- I LOVE calligraphy. Beautiful ink to paper = FAB! Elizabeth Hardink's calligraphy is gorgeous.
- My best cost per wear buy the last few months = Women's Denim Western shirt. I wear it ALL the time. Check out all the ways you can wear a denim shirt.
- I was checking out some of Minted's new holiday cards. Stumbled upon the following cards. We'll use these names for the times that PFC and I want to change it up = Annie and Daniel, Julia and Brian, and John and Ella.
- Some great clutches. Very unique. Check out the lookbook. Love this clutch.
- Adore these plates done in collaboration w/ Karen Ford. So pretty.
- I love yellow. How fun would it be to have this sunny yellow window sill in your house?! We used various shades of yellow throughout our house (hawthorne yellow in the guest room, waterbury cream throughout our entryway and leading up the staircase, concord ivory in the family room and kitchen (one of my faves!). All of these colors are part of the historical colors from benjamin moore.
- Oh, and lastly, I LOVED our dinner at RPM last weekend. We tried the following items: imported Burrata w/ grilled peaches and honey, cremini mushroom wood fired pizza, stuffed squash blossoms, shredded brussels sprouts w/ avocados, and mama depandi's bucanti pomodoro.