|MMC + CMC on picture day at school|
Good luck to all the Chicago Marathon runners! This weekend always brings me back to my days of marathon training w/ my sister and some good buddies. We had a blast. However, I have yet to run again! Yikes! It was awesome but my running days were short lived.
Have a fabulous weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- 25 cake stands and 11 cake recipes. YUMMY! Pretty cake dome.
- Glitter loafers. Just because.
- I make baked ziti for the kiddos about once a week or so. I tried this healthier version this week to good reviews.
- There are some things worth splurging on. I mentally calculate cost per wear ratios all the time. I agree w/ Joy's article for sure = pots (Le Creuset - love my french oven) and boots (hunter boots).
- It has been fun watching Parenthood again. Love the Bravermans! Here are some of the outfits from last week's show. I do like the transport tote that Sarah uses.
- I'm super excited to see Samantha Hahn's book, Well-Read Women. Here is an interview w/ her.
- Young Adult books that changed our lives. Are you there God? It's Me Margaret is on my list.
- I LOVE this tea towel! Who doesn't love to lick a cake bowl?!
- Awesome gift for your best girlfriend = monogrammed Clare Vivier jewelry pouch.
- Some great hostess gifts.
- Some cute kid halloween costumes. Here are 15 dresses that Betty Draper would wear.
- Apple Pie Panini = seriously?! YUM-tastic!
- Awesome gift for a new little one = 10 Puffin Classics.
- I cannot wait to make this dish for PFC = Baked Chicken w/ Jalapeno Pesto. Looks awesome.
- Love these simple monogrammed letterpress notecards.
- Cute print for a kids room.
- I did see check out last Saturday's SNL w/ Miley. She did a great job (poking fun of herself). A bit redemption for her VMA performance. Here's a little Jimmy Fallon, Miley Cyrus and The Roots. Love this!
- What your coffee order says about you. Lattes all the way!
- Pretty fishbraid tutorial. Fun waterfall braid.
- LOVE this Maison Gold Dottie Bedroom for a girl. FUN.
- 9 pumpkin recipes. The pumpkin chocolate chip oat bars look YUMMY! And this pumpkin meringue pie looks divine.
- 8 things every happy woman should have = fabulous. Love it.
- I LOVE gold. Wouldn't it be fun to throw a golden party?!
- I'm SUPER excited for Thanksgiving this fall. We are hosting a full house of folks. My two stepsisters will be in town w/ their husbands and kiddos. I'm thinking I might need to make these gilded harvest place card holders. And how to create a beautiful fall centerpiece. Gorgeous.
- I LOVE this necklace.
- So, my NutriBullet arrived. I LOVE it. I've been making juices for breakfast. Why you should start drinking your breakfast.
- Do you like the sound of peanut butter and chocolate covered cheez-its? If you do, be sure to head over to Little Goat to pick up a piece of Stephanie Izard's wedding cake.