|Pumpkin Ice Cream sandwiches = DIVINE!|
Happy Friday! We saw some snowflakes here and there this week. YIKES! We also pulled out the winter coats (boo!). Fingers crossed that the temps will rise a bit for Halloween next Thursday. Speaking of Halloween PFC and I have two Halloween parties this weekend! Fun. Tonight I'm going as a biker chick and PFC is going as a cowboy (his usual costume). And then on Saturday we are mixing it up a bit and going as Johnny and Baby from Dirty Dancing. PFC will be in all black and I'll sport some jean shorts and a white blouse. I did contemplate putting together this photobooth strip costume. Maybe next year!
Saturday I'm taking the girls horseback riding with some folks and PFC and GMC are going to have some daddy/son time! I'm assuming they'll hit up a local estate sale or they'll snuggle in for a little American Pickers action. I think PFC secretly wants to be Mike or Frank!
Have a fabulous weekend. XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- I LOVE this cool LA loft. Check out the cool interior beams.
- These Skinny Mummy Cake Balls look fab. You had me at cake ball!
- Hilarious little read = My son showed my underwear to his preschool class.
- I'm super excited to read Donna Tarrt's new book, The Goldfinch. I absolutely loved her book, The Secret History. I still think about that book even 10 years later. Speaking of books, here is a great list of books.
- I'm a HUGE Law & Order: SVU fan. Huge. I love Liv. It was a sad day and episode when Richard Belzer retired as Detective Munch.
- I love this. Tell a friend she is a good mama. Great post. This letter to my old friends made me SUPER excited that I have a trip booked w/ my gal pals from college in the spring.
- Some fun DIY stationery ideas. I especially like the doily cards. Very pretty.
- Very pretty leaf hair accessories. These bobby pins are pretty too.
- Check out Tavi Gevinson = all grown up!
- Gorgeous dress. Olivia Wilde likes it too!
- What candy bar are you looking forward to on Halloween? I LOVE almond joys. Don't these homemade twix bars look yummy?!
- Wow = 9 surprising foods with more sugar than a krispy creme donut. UGH.
- A little Braverman fashion from Parenthood.
- Very pumped for my youngest sister Carrie's gallery opening for "wrong chairs."
- Did someone say nutella bar?! No way. Wowser. Stay tuned for Eataly.
- This article got me thinking about our annual weekend in Milwaukee. For several years now PFC and I have been heading to Milwaukee for a weekend in February. Love it there! It gives us something to look forward to after the holiday madness. I think we need to add Boswell Book Company to our list!
- Okay, these ghost meringue cupcakes look AH-MAZING. And super cute. Maybe we'll attempt these this weekend or next week!
- Granted I haven't stepped foot in an H&M in forever. But the collaboration w/ Isabel Marant looks FAB. Everyone has a friend that can rock these sequin pants! Totally digging the sweater coat.
- Wouldn't a party feel even more festive if you received this invitation?!
- Totally been loving Lana Del Ray's song Summertime Sadness.
- Love this brass cuff. Pretty calendar.
- These pumpkin pie ice cream sandwiches look divine! However, save yourself some time and buy some of Jeni's Cinderella Pumpkin ice cream and triple ginger cookies from Trader Joe's. Make little sandwiches and you are all set! YUM! I get my Jeni's ice cream from Marion Street Cheese shop. See pic above!
- I think Jamie Dornan will be just fine as the new Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey. Check out these pics of him. Yummy.
- Take this fun Mood Map quiz. It tells you where your mood and temperament would fit in state wise. I matched up w/ Georgia! What about you? Savannah has always been on my list!