|The kiddos (photo taken by Alma S. Veliky)|
Happy Friday! The girls are off w/ PFC this weekend for an Indian Princess Campout so it is just me and Georgie. We'll have a chill weekend. I'm hosting 2 Dailey Method classes in Oak Park for their opening weekend. And I'm looking forward to catching up w/ PFC Sunday evening and then watching Homeland. It is getting intense!
This week I was able to see a dear college friend who is in town from London. A couple of us got together for dinner at Longman & Eagle and then one night at Lula Cafe. Such great FOOD! My favorite item at Longman & Eagle was the homemade burrata. Yummy! And we all LOVED the peanut butter pie at Lula Cafe (OMG, ah-mazing)! I think it would be fun to check out one of Longman & Eagle's overnight rooms. Perfect for a guest that doesn't want to head all the way downtown but wants to be in Chicago. Logan Square is hopping for sure.
Have a fabulous weekend. XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- This is great = 15 recipes every parent should know. It is always good to have some great go to recipes in your arsenal. And I LOVE these 100 rules of dinner. I love Jenny's book. It is all about the family dinner and how to make it happen and what to serve. One of my favorite memories growing up includes enjoying a meal around the dinner table. On Sundays my dad always made chicken stir fry and I always LOVED my mom's chicken divine. And here are 15 great cookbooks for fall.
- My sister Stephie and I lived together for years in Chicago. It was the best. And I've gotta say that having a double wardrobe was FAB! I love that C and M have one another as sisters. Love it. 21 Reasons It's Awesome to Have your Sister as your Best Friend.
- How exciting. Bang Bang Pie Shop is now serving brunch and lunch (and dinner will be coming soon)! Awesome! My sister is in charge of desserts/pies for Thanksgiving and I recommended that she hit up Bang Bang Pie. Cannot wait! The chocolate pecan pie sounds DIVINE! Yum.
- Last evening we discussed The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty. AWESOME book. Great read if you are looking for a new book. Loved it.
- Doesn't this dutch oven apple crisp look awesome?! Super yummy.
- How gorgeous is this look book for Rifle Paper Co.? So pretty. What a cute way to say hello to a friend!
- 18 fun doormats for fall. Faves = Hex in Black and White Polka Dots.
- A couple great fall/winter coats = Loop Knit Coat, Wraparound Coat, Sabrina Coat, Wool Alpaca Coat and Heritage Coat.
- 50 pumpkin recipes. This Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili looks great for the falling temps! And this Butternut Squash and Sage Lasagna looks super yummy.
- What a stunning pumpkin!
- I LOVE this shimmered tweed dress. Check out the back! And check out the back on this Mulberry Dress.
- I need this braided metallic headband. Love headbands.
- Ginger snaps and pumpkin ice cream = YUMMY! Buy some of Jeni's Cinderella Pumpkin and some triple ginger snaps from Trader Joe's and you've got yourself a tasty treat!
- This caused a bit of a stir on facebook. Thoughts? I honestly don't think the photo itself deserves some of the comments it has received.
- Amy Poehler and Tina Fey taught us everything we should know about being a woman. And here's an article on how to wire your brain for happiness.
- I LOVE this messenger tote. Beautiful and practical.
- Amazing baby shower w/ a southern flair.
- Cozy fall outfit.
- AWESOME collaboration w/ Kelly Wearstler and Paperless Post = gorgeous e-invitations.
- The Novogratz Collection just arrived at CB2. Remember the Novogratz family? They were on Bravo's 9 by Design.