Happy Friday! My mom (JuJu) and Grandpa T are in town this weekend along w/ Carrie. LOVE having them here. Carrie has a gallery opening tonight for some furniture she designed. Very excited to check it out tonight. We are then heading to The Dawnson for some dinner and celebrating. And how fun that all of them will be back again very soon for Thanksgiving! The rest of the weekend will be spent relaxing and hanging out with the family.
Have a fabulous weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- I LOVE making baked dishes and casseroles in the fall and winter. I think this Baked Pasta w/ Broccoli Rabe and Sausage is next on my list. Looks yummy! Oh, and these Farro and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash look yummy too!
- December 1st is around the corner. Here are some advent calendar ideas.
- It is the 10th anniversary of the movie Love Actually. I LOVE the movie and always try to watch it again during the holidays. What is your favorite holiday movie? Fave scene = Hugh Grant dancing. LOVE it!
- The girls are OBSESSED w/ making rainbow loom bracelets. Genius. Wish I invented the loom. I bought these personalized cases for them for Christmas. Cute.
- I love colored pencils. I prefer them over crayons any day. Love this Brass Colored Pencil Set.
- I was in GMC's class the other day and the kids helped me make these yummy Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies. It was so much fun to see Georgie at school.
- Fabulous = River Forest schools rank top in state!
- Cute new Uggs. This pair w/ the bows are cute too. I live in my Uggs all winter long! Cozy.
- The kids enjoyed watching Master Chef Junior. My cousin's daughter Molly made it a couple of rounds. We all loved the youngest contestant Sarah. We were amazed by all of the kids but Sarah was a hit w/ Cate and Margaret.
- LOVE this dress. Very pretty. Another pretty dress.
- What a cute lookbook from Zara - for the mini set. Cute little coat.
- Adorable little bunny ornament.
- 18 Things Everyone Should Start Making Time For Again. I want to try more of the following: disconnect from technology (super hard for me to be away from my phone) and reading an actual hard copy of a book (vs an e-book).
- Some cute messy braids.
- Beautiful return address stamps.
- I had a great time visiting friends in Minneapolis last weekend. I highly recommend the restaurant Bar La Grassa for dinner. Oustanding! Oh, and cupcakes from Sweet Retreat in Edina. Their cupcakes are divine!
- A high school friend's wedding is featured in Style Me Pretty = FABULOUS!