|GMC's preschool pic - age 3|
|MMC's 2nd grade pic - age 7|
|CMC's 4th grade pic - age 9|
Happy Friday! I'm leaving shortly for out of town. I'm visiting some friends in MN. PFC will be holding down the fort w/ the kiddos. The girls have a swim meet on Saturday and they'll be off to a family birthday party on Sunday. I'll be home in time on Sunday for Homeland! Hooray!
I cannot wait until next week! My youngest sister Carrie will be in town and my mom (JuJu) and Grandpa T are coming too for a visit. We'll all be heading to Volume Gallery to see Carrie's gallery opening on Windsor Chairs. And then we are heading to The Dawson for dinner. Excited to check out this new restaurant.
Have a fabulous weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- Cute flats. Perfect for the Thanksgiving host who is running around!
- How to be a Happy Overachiever. Totally agree = avoid negative people.
- The girls and I watch Pioneer Woman from time to time. They enjoy it. They wanted me to make this sourcream noodle bake. I made it last Sunday. It was a hit in our house.
- Super sad = Charlie Trotter passed away this week. He totally revolutionized the dining scene across the country and put Chicago on the map in terms of restaurants.
- How do you exit a party? Sometimes we say goodbye but most times (depending on the type of party) PFC and I sneak out (otherwise we end up getting caught in convo for another hour). I love this = ghosting.
- We are hosting Thanksgiving this year. I'm working on our list of sides and dishes. I consulted Pioneer Woman's list of sides. These mashed potatoes are on our list for SURE. They are excellent. We made them last year! Rave reviews. And these brussels sprouts with balsamic and cranberries sound super yummy. Here is a great list of spots to get your Thanksgiving pie (in Chicago). We are getting our pies from our fave pie spot = Bang Bang Pie Shop.
- Fun birthday message = banner in a box!
- Some cute place cards for Thanksgiving. However, I decided to buy this stamp and make my own placecards! Fun. Pretty Thanksgiving decorations.
- I love hanging w/ the Bravermans! Here is a Braverman house tour for those of you that enjoy Parenthood! Last night's show was great - lots of little story lines going on.
- I picked up both of these books from the library = The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty and The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Excited to cozy up on the couch w/ these books!
- I love these wood blocks and prints. This would make a great gift. I think we'll make one for PFC to bring to work.
- I try to be on time. It is tough though when you are w/ the kiddos. 33 reasons why moms are late.
- This gas station jam session is pretty funny! Enjoy!
- 19 habits of really healthy women.
- GOOP for Paperless Post. Some cute designs.
- 2 dear friends have collaborated and have started an interior styling and staging firm. They are super talented. Excited for them.
- Here are the 2014 Chicago Michelin Bib awards. Two local faves are on the list = Autre Monde and Marion Street Cheese Market and Sen Sushi.
- And super hooray to my high school, Wyoming High School (in Cincinnati), for making the 50 Best Public High Schools in the US. #18 = go WHS!