|I cannot believe it has been 4 years!|
Happy Anniversary, PFC (my best friend, partner in crime and best dad ever).
Happy Friday! I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week! We are super excited that JuJu and Grandpa T are spending the week w/ us. My youngest sister Carrie will be here too along w/ my stepsisters and their husbands and kids. We haven't all been together in years. Onion's article on siblings gathered around a powerpoint hashing out topics that cannot be discussed (during Thanksgiving) is pretty hilarious! Every family has its threshold on topics, right?!
Tonight we are off to C and M's piano recital. They have been diligently practicing their songs. And then PFC and I are off to Skrine Chops for a dinner w/ a bunch of folks. I love their 2nd floor and their food = awesome! The rest of the weekend will be spent organizing the house a bit for Thanksgiving week!
Have a fabulous weekend. XO - D2
Some of my latest obsessions:
- Wow. Has it seriously been 4 years since we got married?! Sometimes it feels like yesterday and sometimes it feels like it has been 10 years. We had GMC's Thanksgiving performance at his school last night so that is how we spent our evening. It was super cute!
- I ordered The Catalina weekender bag for my youngest sister (for Christmas). Love that there is a bottom compartment for shoes or what not. You can save 20% off your order until Thanksgiving. I stumbled upon Lo & Sons via Oh Joy.
- I picked up this plaid shirt at Target the other day. Thought the navy/green was a bit festive and would look cute tied and paired w/ a skirt.
- I think I'm going to make this Loaded Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potato for PFC one evening. It is right up his alley!
- I'm a huge fan of gold. And rose gold in particular. Here are some rose gold items for inspiration. Love these simple delicate rose gold heart earrings.
- I had my sisters wear a black dress of their choice for my wedding. I just had the 2 of them stand up so I didn't make them wearing matching dresses. They appreciated me for that! How great is this long convertible bridesmaid dress?! Very pretty. Check out all the different ways you can wear the dress.
- Have you seen the Jean-Claude Van Damme's video for Volvo? Well, check out Channing Tatum's spoof on it? Love it! Speaking of Tatum, I loved him in Magic Mike. Remember these dance moves?!
- Holiday TV Guide for the kiddos.
- I saw P!NK this past week w/ some friends. She is an AMAZING performer. Wow. And here are reasons why P!NK is the role model every girl should have.
- 28 rules for fathers of sons. So many great ones. Love #19 = give him bear hugs.
- On Facebook I asked for brussels sprout recipes. We are having them as a side for Thanksgiving. Lots of recipes came pouring in. Some of them include the following: Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Garlic and Shallots; Brussels Sprout and Apple Salad; Miles End's Brussels Sprouts with Candied Walnuts and Apples; Brussels Sprout Hash with Caramelized Shallots and Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto. Any more that folks want to share? I haven't made a final decision yet!
- Anyone that truly knows me knows that I would so appreciate these Thanksgiving Worksheets. Love them. They can be downloaded here.
- Charleston, SC is on my must visit list. Why Charleston is America's Favorite City?
- My dad's mom (Grams as we called her) made this super yummy cranberry orange relish for Thanksgiving. It reminds me of her. We are making it next week for Thanksgiving. Here is a similar recipe.
- I hit up Costco every 2 weeks or so. 11 Reasons to Love Costco.
- I have a holiday cookie exchange in a few weeks. I'm trying to find a recipe. Any faves out there? Here is a list of 100 cookie recipes.