|GMC + his cousin Graham = TROUBLE!|
|Lunch Date w/ MMC|
|MMC hanging out w/ 2 local Olympians - inspirational for sure!|
(L) Kendall Coyne (2014 U.S. Olympic Silver Medalist in Women's Ice Hockey)
and (R) Emery Lehman (2014 U.S. Olympic Speedskater)
|Aftermath of another nutty summer storm = "you're only a kid once."|
|Yummy donuts from the Oak Park Farmers Market|
|GMC + CMC enjoying some homemade ice cream from Tate's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Shop|
|Gorgeous Michiana Shores, IN Sunset|
|4th of July Weekend|
Chilling in Michiana Shores
|Another Gorgeous View - Michiana Shores, IN|
|GMC and his cousin, Ned. Fabulous Buds.|
|GMC learning the AV ropes |
(and helping w/ the Young Member Show at the Tennis Club)
Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend. We were in Michiana Shores hanging out with lots of family and friends. It was nice to get away for a few days and be by the water. There is something relaxing about being so close to the water. Super fun. AWESOME weather! And last week we were able to catch up w/ some dear friends of ours that now live out east. It was so interesting to hear more about their new neighborhood outside of Boston. I find those conversations so fascinating = neighborhood norms, etc.
We've got a lot on tap this weekend. Lots of birthday parties scattered throughout the weekend for the kids and us alike. And I'm even sneaking downtown for a bit for a sister in law's bday lunch tomorrow. FUN! Saturday evening PFC and I will be heading to a pool party themed dinner and dining al fresco. Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates. The kiddos have their variety show on Sunday that they have been working on for the last several weeks. Should be super cute!
Cheers to a fabulous weekend ahead! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- I've been wearing this great Essie peacock teal color on my toes = Ruffles & Feathers = LOVE!
- I so love Jimmy Fallon. Wouldn't he be the perfect dinner party guest?! Jimmy Fallon nails it once again by Neil Younging it!
- I LOVE these personalized gift boxes. How fun! I've always been a big Pinhole Press fan.
- 15 Surprising Things about Parenting in England (via A Cup of Jo). And 5 Reasons Modern-Day Parenting is in Crisis, According to a British Nanny. What do my lovely British friends think?
- PFC and I love visiting Milwaukee. We typically don't get there in the summer but 2 summers ago we were there for PFC's 20 year college reunion. And we always love our winter getaway weekend there. I've made note of these Foodie Tour deets for our next visit! I was just talking about Kopp's Frozen Custard w/ another Milwaukee loving friend the other day. They have been around since 1950 = love that! It's on my list!
- Do you hug and kiss your friends? Great question. I'm a bit of a mix in that department. What about you?
- I LOVE all of these vintage looking bathing suits. This Lolli Tada One-Piece is definitely not ideal for my days of pooling w/ the kiddos but fun nonetheless!
- What a great line up for the LA July Market (Renegade Fair). I won't be there in person but it is fun to peruse the list of great vendors. A few finds = Alibi Interiors (cool reclaimed wood picture frames), Ashware Studio (aren't these geo planters pretty awesome?!), Biken for cycling related accessories (banana holder = hilarious!), Chili Pepper Woodworks (cool candle holders), Cute Bright Things (LOVE this market tote made w/ oil cloth - perfect, as it can be cleaned!).
- MMC and I had the pleasure of meeting and listening to 2014 U.S. Olympians Kendall Koyne (Silver Medalist in Women's Ice Hockey) and Emery Lehman (U.S. Olympic Speedskater). They grew up locally and it was so amazing to listen to how they both started in their respective sports. Inspirational for sure. Impressive young adults. I'm trying to build in some one on one time w/ the kids this summer. MMC picked out a place for lunch and then we headed over to the local Y to meet Kendall and Emery. Cool experience and quite a fun one on one date!
- Ryan Gosling's officially off the market = heartbreaking, right?! Yet, who doesn't love Eva Mendes?! A dear friend sent me Lonny Mag's way of mourning = some of the best bedrooms to sob in (w/ some RG action thrown in there for good measure)!
- Summer recipes on my mind = Kale Pasta Salad (looks fab) and Barefoot Contessa's Corn Salad (have made this several times already this summer = one of my faves = simple, easy, fresh and yummy). Best part of the Corn Salad is that you can make the night before and just throw in the basil the next day before serving (time in the summer = precious = love recipes you can make in advance). And check out these recipes to make when it's HOT HOT HOT! This Kale, Cherry & Avocado Salad w/ Lemon Poppy Seed dressing looks super yummy!
- 9 Common Traits of Happy People (that they don't talk about) = good stuff.
- Top 50 cities to see in your lifetime. Always fun to add some cities to your bucket list!
- I've consciously been staying away from using spray sunscreen on the kiddos this spring and summer. Hold off for now. I refer to EWG's quite a bit.