Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Week 22 - Spaghetti Squash



So, last Friday I hit the 22 week mark (2 weeks beyond the half-way mark)! Hooray!

Little Baby Boy Carr is now the size of a spaghetti squash and almost 1 pound (and about 11 inches long). The little guy is starting to look like a miniature newborn. I'm feeling more pregnant per se and feel more connected to the baby now that I know he is a little boy. When I'm in stores I now notice the "boy" section. We are so excited. This will be an entire new world for all of us (the girls and for Peter - who grew up with all sisters).

So, I was telling my mom today that our girls change outfits multiple times a day (and not because they spilled something). After each new activity or part of their day they want to change into something different. I was telling her that I'm trying to curb this pattern (secretly until they are doing the laundry themselves and realize that 5 little outfits a day leads to lots of laundry). My mom was pretty funny when I told her this - as she said that I should let them change their oufits as often as they would like - as I shouldn't be stiffling their creative style and energy. She may have a point (but I'm sticking to my guns on limiting the outfit changes until my my mom comes down and helps with laundry!). I don't mind them playing dress up and going through all the outfits (in the dress up trunk) but changing "real" outfits several times a day leaves our washer running all day long! Maybe I'll pull the "we need to be more GREEN" idea with them (and talk about all the water we will be saving!).

And then there is always the fun topic of letting your child chose his/her own clothing. Umm, that always brings me back to the dreadful picture of me as a tear stained 12 year old standing next to my two sisters in matching dresses for a picture (thanks MOM!).


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails