Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Favorite Gift


Pic (top - letterpress notecard designed by Bird & Banner; bottom - letterpress envelope w/my new initials).  

This Christmas I received one of my most favorite gifts ever (well, besides secretly celebrating our exciting news!). Peter and I had discussed not exchanging gifts as we had just returned from our honeymoon and said we would focus on gifts for the girls and other family members. 

Well, Peter surprised me with personalized letterpress stationary - with my new name and a unique design. He knows how much I love and appreciate letterpress. However, I love even more that he contacted the same gals that designed our wedding invitations to come up with a design. I was floored that he contacted the gals of Bird & Banner as he knows how much I love all of their work. Peter told me all the different debates he had going on in his head - would she like her full name or her nickname on the cards, and so forth. The gals at Bird & Banner came up with a few designs for him to chose from and I LOVE the one he ended up going w/ (see above) - love the color (violet) and the detailed flowers and little bird. 

My favorite gifts (to receive and get) are thoughtful ones with meaning. Adore my new notecards!  I just sent my first one off today - a note to Peter at work. I think everyone should get a handwritten note every now and then! 

PS - 
Check out our wedding invitations (designed by Bird & Banner) that appeared on the blog 100 Layer Cake. They were also featured in Real Simple's "Out of the Box Ideas for Spreading the Word."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails