|1st day of school pics for MMC (3rd grade) and CMC (5th grade) = time flies!|
|1st day of preschool pic for GMC|
|Kinnikinnick Farm trip|
|Cowgirl Cate enjoying her homemade pizza at the Farm|
|Miss Margaret hanging w/ the chickens!|
|Taking in the gorgeous scenery at the Farm|
|Truly relaxed. When does that happen?!|
|Farmer Dave taking some of the kiddos to help w/ chores|
|My pizza = |
AH-MAZING (olive oil, fresh mozarella, cheery tomatoes, arugula and basil)
= ate the ENTIRE pizza (myself)!
This weekend we are getting back into the groove schedule wise - MMC has her first soccer game of the season and CMC has a cross country meet. Last night we booked our flights to CA for Thanksgiving - wahoo! How is Thanksgiving around the corner?! And now we need to start thinking about halloween too!
Cheers to a great weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- We were spoiled this past weekend w/ fresh produce and amazing local meats on the farm. I'm still dreaming about our big breakfasts of pancakes, bacon, eggs and homemade bread (w/ yummy honey). Speaking of pancakes don't these sour cream pancakes look DIVINE?! Yum. Sour cream seems to be the key ingredient!
- And speaking of breakfast, I FINALLY got to the Little Goat Diner for breakfast. A dear friend was in town from London w/ her husband and we met up for a little catch up session over breakfast. The parathas burrito (indian flatbread, sunny side eggs, avocado-bean salad, chili pepper sauce, sheep's milk cheddar) was super tasty and I tried some of G's yummy pancakes.
- All of this food talk is making me hungry! Take a peek at this awesome Berkeley kitchen! Love it! And I was happy to discover this gal's blog, Yummy Supper. Don't these baked eggs and cherry tomatoes look awesome?!
- Okay, how to eat clean all day long. I've gotta say that I'm really trying to make more of an effort to eat/drink more cleanly. I WILL NOT give up my coffee but I haven't had a diet soda in months. Baby steps. And I've been doing warm water w/ lemon in the morning (not everyday but adding it into the mix). And sadly, I think I need to say goodbye to my fall treat = pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks.
- I thought this was a great and interesting read = Share This With All the Schools, Please. PFC and I were just talking about teachers (past and present) our kids have had the other day. Our kids have been blessed with some pretty amazing teachers/mentors thus far on their educational journey. I cannot say enough about them! And 40 Things I Want to Tell My Kids Before They are Too Cool to Listen = a great list.
- I'm a huge fan of the book, The Five Love Languages, by Gary Chapman. You have to get past the cover - cheesy = yes. The book though = extremely insightful and helpful with a multitude of relationships. I read the book years ago and it truly helped me understand the many layered and different relationships in my life. Cupcakes & Cashmere gal appreciates the book too. Take the test! Words of Affirmation = my primary love language.
- Do or did you have a "If we're not married by..." pact w/ someone? I had one w/ my good buddy from college! Here are 10 pacts that actually worked out!
- Okay, so it definitely doesn't feel like fall yet. But I would love to hang out in this blanket coat (pricey = yes) and make some amazing soup. How about this squash and bean minestrone soup, arugula salsa verde, and old school garlic bread?!
- PFC and I are coming up on our 5th year anniversary this fall. I LOVED Joanna Goddard's post on 8 things she has learned about marriage. All SO true.
- I've added 2 places to my Milwaukee trip file = the new restaurant All Purpose and Bavette La Boucherie. Fun!
- We're all busy, right?! And we all seem to humblebrag about it! So true. I appreciate the article's #4 on the list of simple steps of being more of an essentialist = say no to a good opportunity every week.
- And I'll leave you w/ this = the Friends Reunion on Jimmy Kimmel. Love that show. Next month marks the 20th anniversary of the show's premiere!