Friday, April 16, 2010

My Latest Obsessions - Style Inspiration (Children's Books)




I was at the gym the other day and happened to flip through a bridal magazine. I have not looked at a bridal magazine in ages. I stumbled upon a style review entitled "Style Inspiration: Children's Books." It was fun to see how someone took the color palettes from various children's book faves and used them as a starting point for creating a fabulous wedding look. 

On a side note, the girls and I have been reading quite a bit this week in honor of TV Tune Out Week.  I try to limit their TV watching on an everyday basis but this week in particular we focused on making "NO TV" a priority! 

PS - A friend of mine reminded me that GOOP just recently did a post on Children's Books. I loved Julianne Moore's description of the book entitled, Ann Likes Red (by Dorothy Z. Seymour) "My mother bought me this book in a supermarket when I was six years old and I have never forgotten it. It is about a little girl who goes back to school shopping and insists on buying everything red. Evidently, I am not the only one who never forgot it – it has recently been reissued by popular demand. The book’s author is a former 1st grade teacher who used limited vocabulary to create a primer for kindergartners and 1st graders. But I loved it because it is about self-determinism!" 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails