Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 26 - A Cucumber (an English Hothouse one that is)



This past Friday I hit the 26 week mark (6 and a 1/2 months) - so 14 weeks to go! I hit the 3rd trimester in 2 weeks. So, according to BabyCenter our little "Rutabaga" is now the size of a "Cucumber" (an English Hothouse one that is)! I'm laughing because just as the girls were getting used to the word "rutabaga" I told them that now their little brother is the size of a cucumber! I enjoyed listening to Cate tell people that her little brother was the size of a "Root-a-Bagel."

Little Baby Boy Carr (according to my pregnancy bible BabyCenter) can now hear conversations around him (so hopefully he can hear the chatter of his soon to be sisters and Daddy). He is continuing to put on baby fat and now weighs about a pound and two-thirds. He measures about 14 inches from head to toe.

Right now we are visiting my mom and stepdad in Arizona (more later about our fun trip). It has been very fun for me to share my pregnancy experience with my mom (as of late it has been all long distance via phone). I loved showing her my NEW GROWING BELLY when we arrived on Thursday. The two of us were chatting about the fact that I was born at 30 weeks (which would be a few weeks from now for me). WOWSER. So wild. Her pregnancy experience (and the birth itself) was quite different from the "uneventful" and smooth (thank goodness) one that I have been having thus far.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails