|Hanging out w/ the goat at Kinnikinnick Farm in Caledonia, IL|
|Making pizzas = yummy!|
|CMC hanging w/ the chickens!|
|Getting ready for chores w/ Farmer Dave|
|Pistol Pete whipping up some yummy pancakes!|
|A little apple picking at Edwards Orchard|
|A dad + his oldest daughter|
|LOVE honey crisp apples!|
Happy Friday! I cannot believe that we're more than halfway through October. How did this happen?! And I heard on the radio that there are 60 something days until Christmas = yikes! We're in Halloween mode around here. George is going to be Darth Vader (however, we seem to have lost the mask already). That is what happens when you buy a costume at the end of August! And MMC wants to be cheese (yes, stinky cheese!). And CMC is still undecided! Here is a halloween post from 2 years ago - they are getting so BIG!
This weekend we have a few family parties to attend and hopefully CMC will finalize her halloween costume. And we'll be on a hunt for the Darth Vader mask. G$ casually mentioned he also would like to be a robot - love this classic homemade robot costume!
The pics above are from our trip to Kinnikinnick Farm a few weekends ago. We had a blast! We love heading up to the farm - always a great time and the kids look forward to it every year. Here are some posts from years past at the farm (2012 visit, 2013 visit, and last year's visit).
Have a great weekend! XO - D2
Some of my latest faves:
- We've had some winners lately in our house dinner wise = Hooray! We're adding the following dinners into the rotation = Baked Chicken Parmesan, Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup, Macaroni Casserole and Turkey Sausage and Tomato. Some recipes I want to try = Winter Squash Medley, Pumpkin Brownies, Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash with dried Cranberries and Dijon Vinaigrette and these Lemon Blueberry muffins.
- Very interesting topic = The Lost Art of Conversation.
- Wahoo = #25 on this list of best suburbs to live in = where I grew up! Go Wyoming, OH! This reminds me of our weekend trip a few summers ago to show the kids where I grew up.
- Awesome partnership = Paperless Post + Rifle Paper Co. In love! How cute is this e-invitation for a halloween party? Or this Save the Date?
- How to pose better in photos = great advice!
- Check out this awesome cabinet hardware. LOVING the brass hardware.
- 12 habits of people with homes that are always clean.
- I definitely want to see Sarah Silverman's new movie, I Smile Back. Appreciate Sarah Silverman's openness on her own struggles w/ depression in this interview.
- Something to keep in mind when putting together holiday cards = how to make your last name plural.
- This weekend I hope to put together our summer photo album = 40% off shuttlerfly through Sunday.
- MMC and I are on a hunt for a halloween craft for her Indian Princess meeting this upcoming week. We are thinking of these easy paper straw halloween necklaces. Cute! And the girls who are older can come up w/ more complicated patterns/designs and the younger girls can go w/ simpler ones like these. And how cute are these halloween straws?! However, MMC is more excited o make these Halloween Witch Hat cookies for the group!
- How cute is this shirtdress?! Love it. What a great little swing coat. These black slanted zip sneakers are a fun take on all the sneakers out there.
- One of my favorite homes of ours growing up was an old english tudor. Check out this gorgeous renovated english tudor in Utah.
- This is awesome = Friday Night Meatballs: How to Change your Life with Pasta! How fun would it be to start something like this on Friday evenings?! Great idea!
- Okay, the first few episodes of Homeland and The Affair have been awesome! Speaking of The Affair, check out Dominic West's london home.
- I started Malcolm Cadwell's book, The Outliers a few days ago = very interesting.
- One of my favorite crackers from Trader Joe's = the raisin rosemary crisps. Here is a copycat version of them.
- I've been following this OP native's blog on raising her daughter (while she herself has ALS) and have found her to be super inspirational = Mom with ALS: My Disease will my Daughter Stronger.