Sunday, June 20, 2010

34 Weeks - Our little Canteloupe



This past Friday I hit the 34 week mark - so that means we have 6 weeks to go! I feel so connected to Baby Boy Carr - as he has been a kicking machine lately. We are getting so excited to meet him. According to Baby Center little "BBC" weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (average canteloupe) and is almost 18 inches long!

Peter's sisters and mom hosted a baby shower for me this past Saturday. It was ADORABLE. It was right up my alley in terms of creativity and color coodination - I LOVE the above picture of the favors ("Dee Dee's Little Bun in the Oven" - and inside the box was a YUMMY sticky bun) - such a clever idea. And one of his sisters also snagged my 20 week ultrasound pics and had them framed with decorative paper - so cute.

Today we celebrated Father's Day. The girls and I gave Peter a few gifts (a cute key chain that has a pic of the little gals and a travel mug with a picture of the two gals) and of course many homemade cards from Cate/Margaret. Even "BBC" wrote a little card for Daddy - a hilarious card I found of a Dad and a little boy both in their underwear and super hero capes. The card read: Are we a Super-Duo or What? Happy Father's Day. The card made me laugh. We then went to an awesome brunch at Maya Del Sol and indulged in lots of YUMMY food.

I have enjoyed talking to two of my college friends who recently had their first babies. I've been asking them many questions - such as "I've got 6ish weeks left...any ADVICE to do now until the baby comes." And I've also drilled them about the first couple of weeks afterwards - things to expect! They have been invaluable and so helpful. Motherhood is such an interesting "CLUB" -and being pregnant with some close friends has been so much fun. I have lots of veteran moms in town that I talk to about pregnancy/babies/motherhood (which I don't know what I would do without) and there has been something so special about connecting with my friends that are having a baby for the first time (as well) that has been so wonderful.

PS - I'm so excited about our wedding spread in the mag Brides Chicago!


1 comment:

Maurice said...

Of course he's kicking. He's a World Cup baby...

Related Posts with Thumbnails