Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week 33 - Our little "Pineapple"


As of this past Friday Little Baby Boy Carr hit the 33 week mark (7 weeks to go!). "BBC" is now the size of a pineapple (per BabyCenter) - about 4 pounds and he has surpassed the 17 inch mark! He is losing his wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. 

Peter and I were able to get away for a night this weekend and stay downtown - which was so awesome and much needed. We have been so busy lately that it was such a treat to spend some quality one on one time together - especially before life gets even more busy with the baby! We went to Piccolo Sogno for dinner and loved it. Such great food and fun people watching. Their back patio is the best. 

The next morning we had coffee at the Goddess and Grocer (Gold Coast location) and then we made a brief pit stop at Anthropologie (reminded me of my weekends when I lived downtown). I felt right at home with all the gals that work there - one even asked about my sister (as we were their usual suspects every Sunday when I lived downtown)! Peter read the newspaper on the couch there while I perused the store. I fell in love with this adorable "gazelle" - handmade by Haitians - using repurposed cement bags and vintage french book paper. You may end up seeing this in the Cate/Margaret/BBC's new bathroom! 

Then Saturday/Sunday we had our all day birthing classes. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed them and loved the woman (here is an article written by her) who taught the class (chill / down to earth / very knowledgeable / she is a doula and just delivered her 1000th baby). Wild! This is all feeling so much more real! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails