Monday, December 21, 2009

The Holidays



I love the holidays and all the things that come with them - holiday cards, holiday parties/gatherings, good food, festive decor and seeing family and friends. 

  • Friday night we spent at Target shopping for the girls - such a great spot for one stop shopping. Strolling through the toy aisles I'm amazed that things like Hello Kitty andBarbie dolls are still just as popular as they were years ago. Some things change, some don't. 
  • One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is to open the mail and check out all the fun holiday cards - I especially love the ones with family photos. So fun. This year we decided to use a photo from the wedding of all four of us - so our card is going to be a Happy New Year card. I love the selection of cards from Tiny Prints. 
  • Saturday we were at two different Christmas parties. I spotted someone wearing very similar earrings to these from J.Crew - as the ones she was wearing are now not sold. The earrings were SO FUN and festive. And just recently I heard of J.Crew's jewelry of the month club - hmmm...sounds like a fun gift idea for someone. 
  • I ate WAY TOO much on Sunday at a family Christmas party. My sister-in-law and her husband brought this amazing blue cheese buffalo chicken dip that is SO AMAZING (note that this same dip won first place one year at the annual Hors Derby). We timed it - the dip was gone in 8 minutes. I'm waiting to get the recipe. So yummy. We brought these yummy Scotcharoos that were a hit. 
  • One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is to head to the movies. There are so many movies out there that I want to see. One in particular is The Blind Side - I've heard that Sandra Bullock is amazing in it. 
  • We have been listening to Michael Buble's Christmas Album called Let it Snow. 
4 days until Christmas! Our Elf on the Shelf Kevin-Devin has showing up each morning in a different spot - the girls LOVE him! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails