Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Recap: Wedding Dress






I absolutely LOVED my wedding dress. It was definitely my PRINCESS moment for sure.  My mom and I looked for dresses last spring and had a great time. My sisters and I are always vying for one on one time with my mom so having an entire weekend together was so much fun. We had a blast trying on dress after dress - I didn't know how I was going to make my decision as I loved so many of them. This past fall I even tried on my Mom's wedding dress (that had not been taken out of the box since her wedding) - so fun! 

My mom also came to Chicago this past fall and she went with me to meet with Amy Beck ofAmy Beck Cake Design. My mom fell in love with Amy's work and we came up with the above design (to replicate my wedding dress). It was so beautiful (and tasty). We had 3 different layers - Coconut Cake with Key Lime Buttercream, Carrot Cake with Cinnamon Spiced Ginger Buttercream, and lastly Chocolate Bourbon with Raspberry Buttercream. YUM, YUM, YUM! 


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails