Monday, December 7, 2009

Recap: Rehearsal Dinner



So, we are back and as I'm typing this there is snow falling. Pretty yes, but COLD = ugh. I have dedicated this week to our wedding - details, details and more details.

Our rehearsal dinner was amazing and it set the tone for the weekend. We held the dinner at The Bristol in Bucktown. We had our dinner upstairs and it couldn't have worked out better. Originally we were supposed to have our dinner at Vivo - long story short we ended up switching to The Bristol two weeks out. We were thrilled with The Bristol and I cannot wait to go back there and have dinner or brunch. People rave about the place!

MENU
Starters
  • Monkey Bread with Dill Dipping Sauce (unbelievable, I could have eaten an entire loaf). Soft, warm and right out of the oven.
  • Apple and Manchego Salad (yummy, but honestly I don't remember as much because I was in LOVE w/the Monkey Bread).
Entrees (passed family style)
  • Ravioli with cheese/herbs and egg yolk that oozes out when you cut into it. They were DIVINE (and huge!). One was enough to keep you satisfied.
  • Beef Brisket (yummy, and my best friend's father who is jewish and knows good beef brisket gave it a thumbs up!).
  • Side of Beets (not sure how they were prepared but LOVED them).
Dessert
  • Homemade Nutter Butter w/a chocolate dipping sauce (need I say more!).
Overall, the night was perfect - great vibe - loved the brown linens and white flowers that were on the table. The staff were beyond friendly and everyone raved about their signature drinks and beers on tap.

For some reason I'm having trouble uploading pics from the dinner (to give you a visual) - stay tuned - will add some tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails