Thursday, December 10, 2009

Recap: Wedding Reception

I have loved A New Leaf (as a florist and as a venue) for years. I used to live in the Old Town/Lincoln Park area and at night drive or walk by the space - and it was always so pretty - candle lit with beautiful flowers. I made a mental note that someday I wanted to host an event there. I remember calling ANL (A New Leaf) and asking them if they had any available Saturdays in 2009 - they had one - which ended up being our wedding day = Saturday, November 21, 2009

The flowers and candles were gorgeous. I loved all the fall colors and the orange calla lilies submerged in water filled vases. Simple and beautiful. 

ANL has two levels - a mezzanine level looking down. Dancing took place upstairs. We LOVED our DJs from Toast and Jam. They rocked out. Everyone loved them. 

This is a picture from above looking down. Peter and I loved our caterers from Limelight Catering. The awesome gals of Bird and Banner who designed our invitations put together a complementary menu. I'm still waiting to hear from the caterer with the recipe for the Bosc Pear, Local Apple and Goat Cheese Gratin. It was DIVINE! 

My cousin got married at the end of October and she had a Candy Buffet at her wedding. It was a HUGE hit. My sister and I loved it and ate our favorite candy all night long. Two weeks before the wedding I decided to do it. It was such a hit with everyone. Who doesn't love candy? My favorites were the Melt Away Mints - YUM! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails