Wednesday, November 18, 2009

2 more days...


OMG. WOW - tomorrow is the rehearsal dinner at The Bristol. And then the BIG DAY. I cannot believe that it is finally here. So excited. An excitement that I cannot even define. I'm thrilled to be spending the day with my closest friends and family - to celebrate the next chapter in my (our) life. I think sometimes you can get so wrapped up in the planning piece of weddings that you forget why the party (per se) is even happening (you are getting married - saying your vows to someone who you plan on spending the rest of your life w/). WOW - big stuff. 

I'm thinking of writing a letter to Peter for him to open Saturday morning. There is something about pen to paper that feels good to me. In all the craziness of the planning, being w/the girls, I want to take some time out to write him a letter - I like this idea. We wrote letters to one another in our pre cana class and I still have mine. I keep it in my wallet. I love it. I think I was born in the wrong era - when emails are means of communication now (don't get me wrong I'm definitely pro texting / IMing / emailing for sure) but there is something special about reading a handwritten letter and touching the paper. 

So tonight I'm going to sit down and write Peter a letter - and I will just write what comes to me. The other night when we were discussing this past year and a half he mentioned he "knew" that this was going the distance when I met the girls. I remember that night so vividly. It was a magical night. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails