Monday, November 9, 2009

Beautiful Fall Weekend



I love fall. I love the colors of the changing leaves - oranges, golds, reds - and all the textures that are out there (falling leaves, wearing sweaters, layers of clothing).

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous - warm temps and sunny skies. On Saturday Peter and the girls raked the leaves in the back yard. The girls were giggling and jumping into the huge piles of leaves. They had a ball. Smiles all around.

We had our good friends Sarah and Dave over for an early dinner. I promised to make Cincinnati style chili (Cooking Light version - with ground turkey) and honey cornbread muffins. Both were a hit with the crowd. I had even more fun making it this time because I used our new Le Creuset Round Dutch Oven (in red). We received it as a wedding gift from one of my favorite readers (of my blog). Not only did the chili simmer nicely in the dutch oven - I loved looking at it - such a pretty design. I really love it. NOTE: I seriously cannot believe I'm saying out loud how much I love an item of cookware - long gone are my single days of no cooking and grocery shopping.

On Sunday we went to the Bear's game with Peter's brother in law and his wife. Such a nice afternoon - perfect weather! It was so nice to be outside.

1 comment:

mep said...

It was a wonderful weekend! I envy your your Le Creuset Dutch Oven. Back when I was registering, I didn't know enough about cooking to know that I wanted one. Maybe when we move . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails