Monday, October 19, 2009

Flowers and Our Venue


I love getting flowers. I'm a flower snob for sure. I saw this article on CNN and agree with the author that giving flowers is an outdated ritual. Peter, however, gives flowers regularly and I definitely appreciate them. I love bright colors and textures. 

I am so excited that we are getting married at A New Leaf in Old Town. It is a flower shop and they own event space next door that is beautiful. I wasn't looking for the traditional venue - definitely not my style. I wanted a venue that felt like me and was in the city. I have always loved A New Leaf - first and foremost, their flowers are gorgeous. I love the exposed brick and the unique charm of the space. And when it is lit with votives it looks amazing. The photos don't even do it justice. 

I'm decisive. Very. I didn't even look anywhere else. I called. They had one date available in 2010 - and we booked it. I was thrilled. I had always wanted to hold an event there - and what better event than my wedding

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails